Join Transport Alliance
find out more
Transport Alliance Australia (TAA) is a peak body for owners, drivers and stakeholders in the Commercial Passenger Vehicle industry. We are a non-profit body run by members, for members.
Become part of an industry group working for a better industry.
about the taa
In September 2019 the Commercial Passenger Vehicle Association of Australia changed its name to Transport Alliance Australia to better represent the diverse transport options in the commercial passenger vehicle market. The TAA works to give a voice to members in state and federal government. Our objectives:
- to consider and deal with all questions and issues involving the CPV industry;
- promote, support and propose legislative or other measures affecting the CPV industry;
- campaign to improve driver/owner remuneration levels;
- protect the rights of drivers and owners working into the industry;
- promote ideas and programs to assist in maintaining a high industry standard for CPVAA members.
UBER CLASS ACTION
The TAA/CPVAA has been active in bringing a class action against Uber with Maurice Blackburn lawyers on behalf of participants in the taxi, hire-car, limousine and charter vehicle industry. We urge all taxi and hire car drivers, operators and licence owners to get on board and register their interest.
Commercial Passenger Vehicle Reforms Inquiry
ON-DEMAND WORKFORCE INQUIRY
Victoria's commercial passenger vehicle industry is broken and the damage of unfair competition and regulatory reform needs to be addressed, according to Commercial Passenger Vehicle Association of Australia (CPVAA) president André Baruch.
The CPVAA made a formal submission to the current parliamentary inquiry into the Commercial Passenger Vehicle Reforms. Executive summary The...
Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria (CPVV) is consulting on its draft monitoring, compliance and enforcement policy 2019-2022. Submissions closed...